Friday, September 12, 2008

Frustrations... Grr...

WARNING: This blog contains complaints and frustrations of a crazed student missionary.
ADVISO: (translate the above into Spanish)
(Marshallese word): (translate the above into Marshallese)

So this week has been pretty frustrating. It seems like most everything was trying to keep me from getting work accomplished, which I must do for school. Let me see here...
Monday was alright, being that it was a Monday. I got some tests made and was productive. Tuesday is usually pretty good because there isn't anything happening at night after school. I didn't have time during lunch to do anything because it is my day to watch the kids outside during lunch time, which isn't too bad. The only problem was that the power went off at the apartments so there was nothing to do after school. I needed to make tests on my computer, but without power, I could not do that since my battery doesn't last very long. I was hoping to have time during lunch on Wednesday to get things done. But what do you know, the power goes out. Fortunately, the power was on at the apartment that night so I could get work done before the prayer meeting and after. I was hoping to have power on Thursday at lunch to make midterms for my classes and finish grading, but the power went off again at the school. I decided to go home at lunch to use the power there. I decided to leave my computer at the apartment because I figured that I wouldn't need it at school if the power was off. I came back to school for class and then went home after school for a little bit to work on tests for Friday. I went back to the school for the Yokwe (welcome) Party that was supposed to start at 5:30 pm. I left my computer at the apartment because I didn't think there would be power at the school and that there wouldn't be time to work. But I was wrong, on both things. There was power and the program started on Marshallese time, meaning it started at 7 pm. All of us teachers were pretty frustrated because we had midterms and other tests and things to make, but we had spent 1.5 hours waiting for the students to come! After the party we went back to the apartment. I was trying to finish the Junior Bible test for Friday. I was almost done when the power went out. Fortunately, I could finish the test with the power I had on my battery (also for the Juniors, it was a shorter test!). Since the power was out, we opened the windows to get a breeze going through the apartment. The people right outside the window by my head decided to talk at 2 am. Since the walls aren't very thick, all four of us girls could hear them talking outside.
Needless to say, all of us were grumpy this morning. We didn't want to talk, just wanted to eat breakfast, get school done with, and have the weekend. It was pretty pathetic, now that I think about it. But yeah.

Bright spot: The sophomores asked me to speak for chapel this week, which is on Friday. I had a slide show of pictures on PowerPoint and talked about "Running the Race". It was pretty good. I liked being able to show people pictures from home. I got to brag about my brother too. :) I'd explain more about what I said, but it would be easier to show the slideshow. I don't really know how to put that on there though.

Anyways, that was my week in a complaining nutshell. I just wanted to get it all out. So there you go!

1 comment:

Leise said...

I miss you.

Happy Sabbath dear :) I am glad for a little break of the weekend and I'm sure you are too. I'm praying for you.

Much love,
Leise

P.S. When can I see you on Skype? It's been so long since we've talked! :(