Saturday, August 9, 2008

I'm in Ebeye!

Hello everyone! I wanted to tell you all that I made it! Today is Sunday, and it's almost 4 pm here.
I am at the school using the internet. We are having a school work day and I spent almost 2 hours scraping the walls so they could paint in the 4th grade room. I am pretty dirty, with old paint dust all over me.I can't really explain what it's like here. I don't know if I really have time to do that in this email. I will send pictures sometime. Right now I am on one of the school's computers, trying to get out a few emails.
I won't have my own classroom specifically here, but I will be the Junior class sponsor. I was talking to Ryan Ybanez's (ee-BAHN-yez) (the principal) brother, Jhan Dale (John Dale), and he said that he would let me teach a couple math classes and take a couple of my Bible classes. I will most likely be teaching Algebra 1. I think that would be kinda fun.
I really want to send you pictures! I have pictures on facebook right now of Hawaii. I don't know the address though. I will find it.Yesterday we had church and then went back to the apartments for lunch, had a little nap, two more SMs from Canada came (Megan and Landon), went to the hospital to sing for the patients, went to AY (Adventist Youth), and then went to a store with fast food. I had a chicken sandwich, lemon lime soda, and curly fries. They really like chicken over here. lol
We started a Roach Count on our fridge this week. It was a suggestion of Jhan Dale. It's attached to the fridge with a smiley face magnet. How ironic. :) Right now we have 3 kills. One is hiding in the drawers under the sink somewhere. We can't add it to our Count until it's dead. That's what we decided. :)
Well, I better go. I hope you are all having a wonderful day! Sunday will be a good day for you. Believe me, I'm there. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Emily,

I got your blog address from the Campion bulletin. You don't know me but I was curious to see who was on Ebeye as I was there way before you were even born. (23 years ago) I can't wait to see your pictures, to see how much it has or hasn't changed.
Judy