Monday, February 9, 2009

January

2-10-08

Things have been pretty busy with school and other stuff that I haven’t had a chance to write a blog recently. So here’s an update of January.

I brought in the beginning of 2009 by stuffing couch cushions. The covers had been washed and I was helping to stuff the cushions back into the covers. It was really rather exciting…
New Year’s Day was Jhan Dale’s birthday, so there was a party and we watched August Rush. It was a very good movie. I did miss some of it because I went back to our apartment to wash dished, but it was still good.

We were preparing for school to resume on January 7. Some of the school started on the Monday, but we started on the Wednesday. It was nice to have a couple extra days to recover from break.

Pastor Rich Carlson, my college chaplain at Union, came to visit on January 12. Ashlee, Ryan and I went to meet him at the dock on Kwaj. It was very nice to see a familiar face from “home”. He visited the school and we went to Shell Island to go diving and snorkeling. That same evening we had Parent-Teacher conferences, which went pretty well. We caught up with the parents what happened at the end of last semester. We had a pizza party at the principal’s apartment with Rocky Road ice cream and root beer. It was a good time! On Wednesday, Pastor Rich told stories to my Bible classes about miracles he had experienced. I watched my students’ amazed faces as he recounted a story about a jungle pig. That afternoon I went back to Kwaj with Pastor Rich to see him off. I was sad to see him go, but very glad that he was able to come and visit me.

I was excited to receive several boxes of Bibles from my aunt in Colorado. I gave them out to the freshmen, juniors and seniors. I am waiting for the Bibles to come from my mom so that I can give Bibles to the sophomores. The students were very excited to get their own Bibles. They had Bibles at home, but not their own personal Bibles. Some of the students kept asking me if they could really keep the Bibles. I was happy to say yes.


The end of January we had a church youth trip to Shell Island. We had a good time playing in the water and potluck-ing (yes, a verb) and hanging out. The students were glad to get away from Ebeye for a little while and see some different scenery.

1 comment:

kuuipohong said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i really miss does day at marshall island and also mizz mr:jones and tira and the other boy....really miss them